I know Spokane's tag line is "near nature, near perfect." but maybe it's time to spice it up.
Something like: WHITE HOT SPOKANE WINTER.
Why? Liviability.com just named our scruffy little berg second in top 10 HOTTEST COLD CITIES. We edged out popular destinations like Reno, Nev., and Waukesha, Wis. Hell, we practically burned Missoula, which clocked in at a very, very low number seven.
According to Livability, we have a hot nightlife scene (Bowl'z Bitez and Spiritz?), great music events (Nickelback?), and lots of museums (If they can hold themselves together). Mostly Livability seems excited about the fact that we're near a lot of ski resorts, which aren't actually in Spokane. But you take what you can get.
In the spirit of things, here some fine points Livability didn't even consider:
1. Since Seattleites can't handle snow, it's one time of year we're the ones feeling all smug and self-satisfied.
2. The lovely tree in RiverParkSquare and the overabundance and decorative Christmas cheer downtown.
3. The sense of serenity that overwhelms a Lilac City on a sleepy, snow-cloaked morning.
4. That fresh, crisp feeling you get driving a car with a broken window courtesy of your local prowlers.
5. No matter how cold it gets, people here still go outside.
WHITE HOT SPOKANE WINTER. Think about it.
Photo found at eibach.deviantart.com
Comments are closed.