Temperatures in the Spokane have reached the subzero range, and I don't know about you but I feel like -1 degrees is really not acceptable for any kind of outdoor activity. And with the wind chill, it'll feel like -19. Definitely not the time to be outside playing games. Even Mt. Spokane is shutting things down today and tomorrow because voluntary hanging out outside on mountaintops with these extreme temps just doesn't seem right. Here are a few suggestions for ways to keep yourself occupied — and warm — without spending too much time facing the frigid cold and exposing yourself to frostbite.
1. Best Of voting! It's that time of year again. Voting for your favorite people, places and things in Spokane and the North Idaho area is a wonderful way to not only kill some time in the warmth of your own home, but also help your favorite local spots in their bids to make our Best Of list.
2. Dive into to one of the TV shows that are keeping us here at the Inlander up at night.
3. Watch Allen Stone's music video released just last week over and over again until you learn all the words and can guarantee your preparation for his album release this summer (or for his show in Boise next week — weather permitting).
4. Shop from home too! And if you decided to play hooky from work because — let's face it — it's really too cold to function, you can make some money while you're at it.
5. Fall in love with adorable cat videos and replay them incessantly because you just can't get over how cute they are.
6. Treat yourself to a day of educational adventure over at Mobius Science Center. Make sure once you're in, you stay in. There are more than 60 exhibits to keep you busy for quite some time.
7. Download a few demon apps and completely lose yourself in the most addicting yet simultaneously most frustrating games out there and the next thing you know, full days of your life will have passed you by. Yeah, they're that good (or bad).
8. Drink warm beverages, keep your insides happy.
9. Remember how hot it will be just a few months from now.
Good luck! Stay warm!
Comments are closed.