In case the name isn’t clear enough, this is the hotel that’s under construction in downtown Spokane between Main Avenue and Spokane Falls Boulevard, near the convention center and Riverfront Park, on the site of a former parking lot. After some doubt about whether it would even happen, the groundbreaking took place last fall and it’s scheduled to open in the summer of 2015.
Some of the updated figures:
• 715 guest rooms, including up to 40 suites, ranging from 452 to 3,000 square feet
• 60,000 square feet of meeting space, including an 18,000 square foot grand ballroom
• 900 covered parking spaces
Some of the amenities of each room:
• signature “Davenport beds”
• 40-inch HD televisions
• safe, ironing board, hair dryer, work desk
• wired and wireless Internet
• 24-hour business center
• 24-hour fitness center
• free town car service within a two-mile radius of the hotel
Dogs are allowed for a $30 nightly fee, and the convention center will be connected by a skywalk.
Renderings are known to change a fair amount during the design and construction process, as you can see here from previous versions that show the hotel with entirely different materials and windows.