Nudo is open! Here’s the menu, and if you think ramen is that dry stuff in packets that college kids subsist on, you should read up on the vast, gourmet world of ramen and the largest ramen festival in the U.S.
Underground 15, the new bar in the former Blue Spark, is formally opening this weekend. The actual bar is in the same location, but the business owners have opened the place up and redecorated with a steampunky reclaimed-materials theme. We hear they’ll be having live music regularly, too.
Northern Quest likes to shake up their restaurant offerings every so often, and the newest is a spot called the Deli in the previous Villa location.
The Growler Guys, a mini-chain founded in Bend, Ore., is opening not one but two stores in Spokane, with the first up north on Newport Highway and the second planned for 29th Avenue on the South Hill.
In case you’ve missed it so far, we’re heading into the end of this year’s American Craft Beer Week. It’s super easy to celebrate — just go have a pint at any local brewery — but here are a few specific happenings:
• Tonight, Iron Goat is doing a tap takeover at Pilgrim’s Market in Coeur d’Alene, including a beer brewed exclusively for the market.
• No-Li is hosting special tappings every day at 5 pm through this weekend, including a Wheat India Session Ale made in “collaBEERation” with Iron Goat, plus a local brewery tap takeover on the patio Saturday afternoon.
• Tonight at No-Li, Ramblin’ Road is releasing a Belgian Quad.
• 12 String is doing something different each night of the week, including an Electric Slide Imperial IPA night this evening — one version aged in Dry Fly barrels, one a firkin and the regular version.
• Perry Street Brewing is having $4 Belgian day on Friday for their dubbel and tripel, and on Saturday will have a limited release of their new double IPA.
• Orlison canned their 37 Pilsner for the first time today — you can see the whole process here.
• Battle of the Homebrews is happening this Saturday in Post Falls with with 50 amateur homebrewers vying for cash prizes and the chance to have their winning recipe brewed at Waddell’s.
• Post Street Ale House is putting local brews on 13 of their tap handles, and offering a free basket of fried pickles if you spend $10 through May 18.
• Total Wine is doing 15 percent off all beer singles — cans and bottles — through May 18.
Cheers! Read previous food news here.