You've still got a few days to submit a logo to the Spokane Arts Fund for their first annual Create Spokane Arts Month, a celebration in October dedicated to creativity and art in the Spokane community. The inaugural event is set to include more than 50 different events and expects to draw as many as 30,000 attendees. The logo will be used for advertising the event, on both their website and any print media produced.
Executive Director Shannon Halberstadt says the logo they are looking for needs to reflect the creativity in the Northwest, and illuminate the culture and individuality of the Spokane area. The contest will favor new and emerging artists as competitors, as entry is free and anyone has the opportunity to submit their design. A committee will review the entries, and the winner will be awarded with $200 and a profile on the Create Spokane website with an optional link to the designer's own website.
Contest rules include:
1. The logo should have the phrases "Create Spokane" and "Arts Month" somewhere. The URL www.createspokane.com is optional but encouraged.
2. Entries should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject line "Arts Month Logo Contest." Full name, phone number and email address is also required.
3. Entries need to be high quality JPEG or EPS files.
4. Digital files should have the entrant's last name attached.
5. The artwork submitted needs to be original.
6. There is a maximum of three entries per competitor.
7. Contest submissions must be received no later than May 31 at 5 pm.
Create Spokane will feature activities and events put on by partners backing the project, an open studio series with local artists, writers and musicians, and a fun, fabulous costume ball at the end of the month where various creators in the community will be celebrated with awards. All events are open to the public, and we'll have more about it in the coming months.