Monday, April 30, 2012

Morning Briefing: High Water in Spokane

Posted By on Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM

HERE

Homeland Security is using unmanned drones to monitor the U.S.-Canadian border in Washington. (SR)

Retail sales were up throughout Washington in 2011...except in Spokane. (SR)

The Spokane river is getting mighty high. (KXLY)

THERE

King County deputies find a man wanted for the killing of his wife and daughter dead inside an elaborate hillside bunker. (Seattle Times).

Today in bored rich people: Australian billionaire wants to rebuild the Titanic. (LA Times)

Jimmy Kimmel's performance at Saturday's White House Correspondent's Dinner pissed off some people. Of course.

Tags: , , , ,

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Food Stamp Insultors

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Listen all of you who think you have the right to tell people how to spend
their pennies. Really?! How do you think it is any different than how you
spend your money? Are you 100% honest on your taxes every year? If the
cashier forgets to charge you for an item, do you tell her or him? If you
find a dollar in the parking lot, do you return it to the owner of the
store so she/he can find the person who may have lost it? Do you eat too
much, drink too much, spend money on things you don't need, talk on the
cell phone when driving, lose your patience, take envelopes or use the
copier at work for personal use? Come on. Who are you to judge anyone. If
someone has fallen into a life of using Food Stamps, no one has a right to
change their daily habits but them, or tell them what to do, or judge them.
I was a sixteen year old mom back in the 80s and I never went on Food
Stamps, I should have but I didn't. I didn't know about Food Stamps because
my family helped in all ways. But they never, ever judged me or told me how
to spend the money they kindly gave me. From their generosity I have
learned to do things better and I am on my feet, for once in my life. Life
is difficult enough, without judgements from people like you. If someone
wants to splurge on candy or coffee, who are you to say what is important
to make their day. Don't judge others!

Act of Kindness

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Cheers to the guy who bought my drinks in the drive thru, at the Zips on
3rd. You have no idea what a bad day I was having. Just that small act of
kindness really made a difference. I have no idea who you are, but I wish
more people were like you. Thank you.

I Saw You Cheat

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I just want to let you know that I saw you cheating on two different
occasions during our Biology lab quizzes and exams, and I really think you
are a big loser! I study my ass off to get good grades on my tests to be
able to get accepted into my two year program, and it really angers me to
see you getting away with looking at the pics of your biology notes on your
smartphone to get the answers on the exam, then get a good grade!! Our
Biology instructor puts her complete trust in all of us as students to not
cheat,and you my friend (NOT), bend her over everytime we take a test! What
a fricking disgrace you are to society. You are probably one of the so
called students taking advantage of the system by going to college and
doing the minimum so you can get that big fat check at the beginning of
every quarter to supposedly use on school books and classes, but are using
it instead to support your pathetic life. Get a life and quit going to
college if you do not want to learn the right way.

Happy Anniversary

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Well Red, it's been 1827 days since we married, and oh what a ride! Every
morning I wake up next to you I think, "It's great to be me. How could I
ever have a bad day?" You are so amazingly beautiful and it's hard to
believe we have forever in front of us. I love you more than you will ever
know. Oz

Missing You

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I remember when you showed me this section in the Inlander for the first
time and told me how you always wanted one to be about you. I feel like
you've been making hints to come talk to you. I miss you best friend and I
want you to come see our new house. But this time, come find me. Because
then I'll know for sure you miss me too. I hope you're happy wherever
you're at though. Thank you for showing me to always be myself.

Spokane Voters

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Jeers to the voters who bought the line that the ballot measure for
expanding the convention center was all about jobs. Oh yeah, no new taxes
but lots a jobs. It is a new tax, ten years worth. Thought you would have
learned when they took our money and built that ugly glass and metal
monstrosity next to the busiest street in town. They call that a convention
center. I can’t tell if it’s an abandoned warehouse or a capsized boat.
Better hope they get a different architect for the expansion. If not, it
could rival the Health District headquarters for ugliest building in town.

Good Samaritans

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I want to say thank you to a couple of wonderful people. I was standing at
the bus stop on the corner of Wellesley and Nevada on 4/18/12. I was stuck
in a hailstorm. A lady in an Escalade asked me if I wanted to wait inside.
I was sure grateful to not get pelted by hail anymore. The gentleman who
was with her, ended up giving me a ride home. You two are wonderful people
for doing that for me and I just want to say thank you again. I know in
this day and age its hard to trust people. Thank you for trusting me. You
have restored my faith in humanity. You two are angels.

Shorty

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

It's been 11 months since you took my breath away for the first time and
have done it everyday since. You make me very happy and I love you more
than I thought possible in my life. You are my dream come true. Thank You
for loving me. Sweetpea

I'm A Lucky Man

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

It's amazing what committment can do for a relationship. Through it all we
will be together; thick and thin, pain and pleasure we will be by each
others side. No matter what happens I will always love you and I feel like