Saturday, April 28, 2012

Northside Walmart

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I accidentally bumped into you. I apologized and helped you pick up your
tater tots and popcorn. I thought that was the end but, when I went outside
you were untying your dog. I asked if I could pet him, you said sure and
that his name was Cooper. We walked to your house and you said you were
moving to Alaska. Could we get a drink before you move?

World Market

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Thank you to the person that wrote that very nice compliment about me and
my smile. I will admit I have always wanted to see my name in this column
for years so you should know you gave me a perma smile for that entire day.

Thank You! Thank You!

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

To the caring girl who helped push my car into the gas station last week by
SCC! I really appreciate it! I was having the worst morning and week for
that matter and was on the verge of tears. Had you not helped me push I
would have been doing it for 20 more minutes if not longer. I meant to get
your name but I was running late for school! Thank you so much. It really
made my day!

Fred Meyer at Sullivan

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I am the senior lady you smiled at. You teased me about 'speeding' with the
electric cart I needed that day. You seemed like a nice person. I'm looking
for a friend to have someone to talk to, someone to listen to. Being alone
isn't easy at any stage of our lives. It would be nice to hear from a
gentleman who feels somewhat the same. Friends are important, probably more
so when we find ourselves alone. Keeping busy helps, but if you come home
to an empty house, sometimes lonlieness sets in. That's when friends help.
I hope you will get in touch. My name is Annie, what's yours?

Fast Trip in Hayden

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I saw you on 4/18. I was buying lotto tickets and you were buying beer. We
talked about my license plates. You have a great personality. I wish I
could've hung around for longer. We waved goodbye as I drove off. I hope
you read the Inlander and see this. I read this section every week. If you
wanna hang out sometime email me at [email protected]
P.S. Your smile "made" me write this

Mootsy's

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Me: across the street at the Yellow food truck, yes I know, seductive and
classy. You: tending bar, dark hair, red flannel. There were two of us, my
hair is darker and I paid you more attention. You saw me looking and so you
returned the smile. Yes, that doggie with the golden hair was cute, but not
what was catching my attention. Perhaps we grab a drink, or a burger, as
clearly we both only frequent the classiest of establishments.

World Market

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Hi there Jenny, (I went in again and I saw your name this time), It was
great to get to see you again and your smile. I really do like it. I forgot
to put my email in last week so here is it. Contact me if you like. It's
[email protected]

Airport

Posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Flight 2550 from Phoenix. You had a great looking sun dress on. I noticed
you right before we boarded the plane. We talked a little after boarding.
You had a very sexy, quirkiness about you. Couldn't stop taking glances at
you.

Friday, April 27, 2012

2012 Bands to Watch! (plus a recap of last night)

Posted By on Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

bbbbandits.jpg

"You guys are WAY better than Portland!"

And, of course, everyone went crazy. That's what the singer of Tomten said to the voracious crowd last night at Mootsy's during The Inlander's Volume Pre-Party.

Goddamn. That was a good time, right? We were stoked to see the place butts-to-nuts full with diehard music fans (including a few half-naked men?), and to hear three local bands (plus one amazing touring band) play the most precise and perfect sets we've heard in long time.

If you missed it, we also announced this year's SIX Bands to Watch. That's right: six. This year, our committee — a group of local writers, bookers and unrepentant fans — had a hard time choosing the usual five. After two months of deliberation and research, we picked the 2012 Inlander Bands to Watch

Mirror Mirror

Losing Skin

BBBBandits

Thumper

Terrible Buttons

Tim Blood & the Gutpanthers

Local revivalists, French-inspired goth, a North Idaho rave DJ, a diehard group of Moscow punks, a horror folk band that's converting the masses and one of the hardest working metal bands in the Northwest. I'd say that's a great batch. You can read all about them in our May 24 Local Music Issue.

In addition to this year's Bands to Watch — who are headlining six shows at our first ever Volume Local Music Block Party — Patrick Kendrick, of Platform Booking, also announced some of the rest of the 35+ plus bands playing the June 1 extravaganza:

Jacob Butcher

David Plell & the Ultra Peach

Bandit Train

Belt of Vapor

Jazz

Drag Like Pull

Diamond Speedboat

Wristbands are just FIVE DOLLARS if you buy them in advance (they jump to $10 the day of the show), so get yours reserved now. Many shows ARE all-ages, and final schedule will appear in the May 24 issue. Watch inlander.com/volume for details as they emerge.

If last night was any indication of how fun Volume will be … lets just say you might want to bring extra pants. DANCING PANTS, SILLY.

_resized_500x772_volume2_1.jpg

Tags: , , , ,

MORNING BRIEFING: Gonzaga fake IDs, block party!

Posted By on Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Here

Dozens of fake ID's seized around Gonzaga (KXLY)

Man pleads guilty of bilking investors of $2.5 million (SR)

We're throwing a block party June 1!

Elsewhere

Sigh: U.S. economic growth slows (NYT)

Lehman elite stood to get $700 million (L.A. Times)

As if day tornadoes weren't shitty enough: night tornadoes (ST)

See you again