by JOEL SMITH & r & & r & & lt;span class= & quot;dropcap & quot; & H & lt;/span & ow well do you know Spokane? What about your preferred candidate for mayor? We put the following questions to Dennis Hession and Mary Verner to find out who truly is the master of his (or her) domain. Take the quiz yourself.
1. Spell the street that runs along the south edge of NorthTown Mall.
2. How many fire stations are in Spokane?
3. Who is the city's employee of the month for October?
4. What's the current sales tax rate?
5. Who is the city's largest employer?
6. Name two restaurants that have opened in Spokane in the last year.
7. What is the city's largest union?
8. Who won the last BOBfest Battle of the Bands in April?
9. Name three mayors from surrounding towns.
10. In what month does Spokane get the most precipitation?
11. As of 2006, what was Spokane's per capita income?
12. The National Book Awards committee has nominated three authors from Spokane in the last two years. Who are they?
13. Name two movies filmed here.
14. In the last few years, half a dozen people have died while dealing with law enforcement in the Spokane area. Name two of them.
15. Name four city parks on the north side.
16. Name one of the bus lines that runs to Spokane Valley, and the cost of the ride.
17. Who is the Spokane native currently serving as ambassador to Iraq?
18. As of June of last year, which high school was providing the most free or reduced lunches?
19. Of the 296 churches in the Spokane area, about 92 percent are Christian. But what Christian denomination has the most churches?
20. Put the following east-west arterials in order from north to south: Indiana, Sprague, 29th, Mission, Francis, Wellesley, Garland.
The new one is smart and funny and action-packed, and it’s bigger and better and sleeker. And Downey does it again, this time ramping up Stark’s arrogant wisecracking, telling anyone who’ll listen (mostly women) that, via the creation of his powerful Iron Man suit, he’s brought years of uninterrupted peace to the world.