Provided the stereo equipment would already be provided and I wouldn't have to win a trial by eating grubs, the following is my list of five:
1. Sergei Prokofiev, Romeo & amp; Juliet, Montreal Symphony, Charles Dutroit conducting. Beautiful, strong piece played by a fantastic orchestra with so much power and influence. Every emotion is evoked.
2. Miles Davis, Kind of Blue. The pinnacle of Jazz progression. An album with so much thought and nuances that I learn something new each and every time I listen to it. This is humanity at its finest.
3. Gustav Mahler, Symphony No. 4. Berlin Symphony with Sylvia McNair. This album will tell you why you're on this earth and help you realize the complete beauty that surrounds us every day if we open our eyes.
4. J.S. Bach, 12 Unaccompanied Cello Suites, Yo-Yo Ma. The quintessential of musicianship and composition at once. This album is the pinnacle of the quest for perfection and grace. Zen in all respects.
5. Californication, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Excellent musicianship filled with great writing! An album with a soul and a message. These guys have found what we all search for.