Inlander Reporter Mitch Ryals: Were there any sexual harassment complaints lodged against Frank?As the ethics commission considered an amended ethics complaint from the National Organization of Women on Wednesday, those 28 seconds made up a central piece.
Mayor David Condon: No.
KHQ reporter Patrick Erickson: There have been rumors of an inappropriate relationship between the Chief and Ms. Dugaw. Has that been brought up at all? Was that any part of this as well?
Condon: The, the critical thing is the management style. Uh, the, the uh, the issue, um, with the uh... that you speak of, that there has been no official filings of anything.
1. a statement that you are unhappy or not satisfied with somethingBy that definition, Eichstaedt argued, it's clear that Cotton had, in fact, complained about sexual harassment, so Condon was dishonest.
2. the act of saying or writing that you are unhappy or dissatisfied with something
3. something to be unhappy about : something that people complain about
1. Expression of grief, pain or dissatisfaction“NOW’s gratuitous and self-congratulatory argument that the public must not be deceived should be rejected out of hand," King wrote, noting that, under the third definition of complaint, there had been no sexual harassment complaint lodged against Straub.
2. a) Something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry;
b) a bodily ailment or disease
3. a formal allegation against a party
“Dishonesty” is defined by Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary as “lack of honesty: the quality of being untruthful or deceitful.” “Deceitful” is defined as “making or trying to make someone believe something that isn’t true.”King didn't buy it.
Yoshi is a lucky little kitten.
Born to a feral mother along with five siblings, the kittens' chances of surviving in the countryside would have been slim. Especially for Yoshi, who was born with a congenital birth defect that causes her hind legs to disconnect at the joint. Thankfully, rescuers with Pawsitive Outreach Spay/Neuter Alliance, based outside of Newport, Washington, found the kittens at around six weeks old (still young enough to socialize), and were able to successfully round them up. Yoshi's siblings have since all been adopted into loving homes.
Now in the care of a volunteer foster home in North Spokane, Yoshi is growing fast, playing hard and stealing hearts. She's currently about five months old.
A special surgery to correct Yoshi's dislocated leg joints is being planned, but the small, rurally located rescue group has struggled to come up with the funding to pay for the expensive procedure. Because the birth defect is so unusual in cats, and thus the need for corrective surgery, Yoshi will be traveling south to the Washington State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Pullman for the procedure.
Cindy Knudsen, POSNA's shelter director, says the rescue was originally quoted $3,000 for the procedure, but due to miscommunication that only one of Yoshi's legs needed correcting, that initial estimate was wrong. Now the nonprofit is trying to raise a total of $5,000 to fix little Yoshi's legs. To offset the cost of surgery, POSNA launched a GoFundMe campaign that's so far been quite successful, raising more than $3,500 as of this writing.
Yoshi (yep, she's named after Mario's little dino friend) is heading to WSU in about a week to have her first pre-op appointment with the veterinary staff, at which they'll be able to determine the best time for surgery.