• Bernie is back in Spokane today! (check back for coverage of the event)
• Protesters in Spokane Valley want an investigation into City Manager Mike Jackson's termination.
• It's Best Of week! Check out the Best of Food and Drink here.
IN OTHER NEWS
• Jamie Pendleton, of Daiquiri Factory/Date-Grape Kool-Aid infamy, charged nearly $1,000 to a Post Falls man's debit card. He pleaded guilty to grand theft earlier this week but has not been sentenced. (Spokesman-Review)
• Republican state legislators in North Carolina passed a bill that requires students to use bathrooms corresponding to the gender on their birth certificate AND bans local governments from passing any non-discrimination ordinances. Governor Pat McCrory signed it Wednesday evening.
The bill overrules an ordinance passed in Charlotte, NC, earlier this year which banned discrimination against LGBTQ people. North Carolina Democratic Senators walked out when a vote was called on the bill.
• The hunt is still on for the third attacker in Tuesday's bombings in Brussels. (Officials suspect the incident is linked to the Paris attacks)
• A New York Timesinvestigation has found that the NFL's concussion research is deeply flawed.
• The second week of March Madness tips off today starting with Villanova and Miami. (Zags play tomorrow).
MUSIC this week: So Pitted with Diarrhea Planet and Music Band this Sunday at the Bartlett.
Mitch covers cops, crime and courts for the Inlander. He moved to Spokane in 2015 from his hometown of St. Louis, and is a graduate of the University of Missouri. He likes bikes, beer and baseball. And coffee. He dislikes lemon candy, close-mindedness and liars. And temperatures below 40 degrees.