As the threat of the Coronavirus spreads throughout the country, public events everywhere are being canceled and postponed for public safety concerns. The Fox Theater is the latest venue to follow suit, closing its doors and canceling all events through April 10.
Here are the shows that are impacted; the Fox plans to reschedule all of them, with new dates to be announced at a later time.
- Country rockers the Allman Betts Band announced earlier today that they were canceling the rest of their tour, which includes their planned March 18 gig in Spokane.
- Three Spokane Symphony concerts, including a Movie & Music screening of Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope, a Masterworks concert featuring pianist Joyce Yang, and the spring installment in the ongoing Chamber Soiree series. The symphony's season premiere party on March 23 has also been canceled.
- Country legend Ronnie Milsap, originally scheduled for March 24
- The Glenn Miller Orchestra, an 18-piece tribute to the legendary composer, originally scheduled for March 30
- The live taping of Spokane native Julia Sweeney's stage show Older & Wider, originally scheduled for two nights at the beginning of April.
- The Walt Wagner Trio has moved its original April 4 date to June 5.
The Flaming Lips are still scheduled to take the Fox stage on April 14; no word yet from the Oklahoma rockers if they'll be canceling upcoming dates.
For ticket exchange and refund information, see spokanesymphony.org or foxtheaterspokane.org.