• There's a new pizza place near Gonzaga that caters to both the college crowd and the neighborhood. Slice opened at 829 E. Boone Ave. in the building that also houses Sushi Sakai and a Bruchi's, among other businesses, and borders the GU campus. The spot offers pizza by the slice or whole pie (pair them with a soda or a beer to get a deal), which can be enjoyed on their spacious patio.
• The Steel Barrel, a bar that serves up beer from Little Spokane Brewing Company and Young Buck Brewing, is now open at 154 S. Madison St. on the west side of downtown Spokane. Housed at the location is Zona Blanca, a ceviche eatery from celebrity chef Chad White. Come back next week for a profile of the collaborative spot.
• After 24 years in River Park Square, Rock City Grill is moving up to the top of the South Hill and plans to open on July 10 at the spot formerly occupied by Famous Ed's.
• Knockaderry, also known as "The Knock," near the Spokane County Courthouse has closed. The Irish-themed bar opened in 2014. There's been no indication what will occupy the spot, which was once the location of a popular after-work bar called Sidebar.
• Out on Priest Lake, the restaurant portion of Cavanaugh's is closed indefinitely, but the resort is still renting out its condos and cabins. ♦