When you look around Spokane's nightlife, you see a lot of women doing a lot of work to make our scene a vibrant one, in numbers you just don't find in most cities.
Women own and co-own most of the clubs in town. They promote shows, manage artists, take pictures, run sound, perform as solo artists and lead bands, and educate the next generation of aspiring musicians. We talked to more than a dozen women who make the Spokane music scene what it is in 2019 — and there are many more out there, too. In the following pages they tell us what makes Spokane's scene different, and what having women in charge means for local music fans.
Read the stories here:
- "Most of Spokane's Downtown Music Venues Are Owned and Operated by Women. We Talk to Them About Why That's a Big Deal"
- "Spokane's Powerhouse Female Musicians Say What Really Matters is How You Play"
- "Liz Rognes: musician/co-founder of Girls Rock Lab"
- "Ryker Beard: Manager/Promoter"
- "Mellie Price: Brand Manager/Music Sponsor"
- "Jenny Anne Mannan: Musician/Promoter"
- "Pam Meyer: Sound Engineer"
- "Alicia Hauff: Photographer"