UPDATE: Voting for the 2019 Inlander Pet Photo Contest, sponsored by Northwest Seed & Pet, is now LIVE — click here to cast yours, or scroll down in this post! Voting continues through Wednesday, June 26, closing that day at 5 pm. Pick up the July 11 issue of the Inlander to see the winners!
We're ready for our inboxes to overflow with cuteness. The second annual Inlander Pets Photo Contest is launching today, so without further ado, here is all you need to know about the rules, requirements and more.
Last year's Pet Issue featured three total winners out of a couple hundred entries, but for the second iteration we're expanding the contest to include five special categories, with a winner in each, and one grand champion to rule them all.
Here are the five individual categories for 2019's contest:
- Dynamic Duo — A category for multi-pet households of at least 2 animal residents
- Senior Sweetie — This group honors pets that are 10 years or older and still have lots of love and joy to share
- Spirit of the Inland Northwest — This category captures pets showcasing local, Northwest pride in some way, or who share a love of outdoor adventures
- Awww-inspiring Adoption — For pets adopted from a nonprofit rescue/shelter organization who are now living their best, happiest life!
- Derpiest Derp — A silly one for pet owners to share laugh-inducing or otherwise goofy pet photos and moments they've captured on camera.
- One entry per household only, please.
- Pick one of the five categories mentioned above to enter your pet photo. (If we feel it's a better fit in another category, we reserve the right to reassign your entry.)
- The top three winners of last year's contest are not eligible, but if you submitted last year and didn't make it to the top three, you are welcome to enter again in 2019. (Also, it should go without saying that immediate family members of current Inlander employees are not eligible.)
Winners in each category will receive $50 in prizes supplied by our contest sponsor, Northwest Seed & Pet; the overall Grand Prize winner will get $100 in prizes and all 25 finalists will get special pet pouches. Winners will also be featured in the 2019 Inlander Pet Issue published in July.
For questions or clarifications, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.