Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Spokane County has released its batch of votes for the night. So far, they've counted over 65,000 ballots, with 110,000 remaining. Here are the highlights so far:
* Spokane County so far has voted for Dino Rossi over Patty Murray, by a count of 57 percent to 43 percent.
* The county has favored Cathy McMorris Rodgers to Daryl Romeyn by a margin of 20 points.
* In the race for state representative in Spokane's District 3, Democrats are leading -- with Andy Billig leading Dave White 60-40 and Timm Ormsby leading young challenger Morgan Oyler by a slightly larger margin.
* It's a different story in the 6th District, where Republican Michael Baumgartner leads state Sen. Chris Marr 60-40, and former Republican state senator John Ahern is leading John Driscoll, the Democrat to whom he ceded his seat in the last election, by about 22 points.
* In the race for Spokane County Commissioner, Al French leads Bonnie Mager by a slim margin so far -- 51.71 to 48.29.
* Vicki Horton is leading her boss, Ralph Baker, in the race for Spokane County Assessor, 57-43.
* Controversial Spokane County Prosecutor Steve Tucker is leading his challenger so far, leading Frank Malone 54-46.
Prop 1: Authorizing the creation of a Children's Investment Fund to combat dropout rates
STATE MEASURES (by percentage)
I-1053: Tim Eyman's effort to make it harder for state government to raise taxes
Washington: Yes 65 - No 35
Spokane County: Yes 72 - No 28
I-1082: Allowing private workers compensation insurance
Washington: Yes 42 - No 58
Spokane County:Yes 43 - No 57
I-1098: Levying an income tax on high earners
Washington: Yes 35 - No 65
Spokane County: Yes 29 - No 71
I-1100: Privatizing the alcohol business
Washington: Yes 48 - No 52
Spokane County: Yes 42 - No 58
I-1107: Privatizing the liquor business
Washington: Yes 37 - No 63
Spokane County: Yes 32 - No 68
I-1107: Repealing taxes on soda, candy, etc.
Washington: Yes 62 - No 38
Spokane County: Yes 72 - No 23
R-52: Authorizing bonds for energy-efficient school construction projects
Washington: Yes 44 - No 56
Spokane County: Yes 38 - No 62
SJR 8225: Recalculating state debt
Washington: Yes 51 - No 49
Spokane County: Yes 46 - No 54
ESHJR 4220: Denying bail for felons
Washington: Yes 86 - No 14
Spokane County: Yes 86 - No 14