• Who wants to be in a James Franco movie? Go to Yakima.
• Who said it? Trump, Lincoln or Reagan... a quiz
• Scoring local colleges based on earnings of grads
• The musical lineup for Terrain is announced
• Round Two: Fight!
The "top-tier" Republicans running for president battled it out last night at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. The consensus among experts was Carly Fiorina stood out, largely by standing up to Donald Trump, whose answers at times were full of bravado but lacking on substance. Rand Paul, who often demonstrated deeper understanding of issues, was largely dismissed in post-debate analysis. As far as "good TV," CNN got both praise and criticism for making sure the debate played up every ounce of conflict. (NYT
) / (WaPost
• Calls for change after deadly crash
Three women in their 20s died in a single wreck on Highway 195 earlier this month, prompting calls for new safety measures. A community meeting is scheduled for Oct. 8 at St. John's Lutheran Church. (KXLY
• A boy is arrested after bringing homemade clock to school; officials mistake it for a fake bomb
The 14-year-old, Ahmed Mohamed, is Muslim, raising questions about whether he was targeted because of his religion. People — including Hillary Rodham Clinton, Mark Zuckerberg and President Obama — rallied around
• The Federal Reserve to decide interest rates
U.S. rates have stayed near zero for nearly nine years. That could change