Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Welcome back to GOOD READS, where Inlander staffers share a few of our favorite stories in hopes you'll love them too.
1. "For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact…" (Mike Dash//Smithsonian)
…and unaware of WWII.
2. "The Spy Novelist Who Knows Too Much" (Robert F. Worth//New York Times Magazine)
The story of a man who turns real secrets into fiction.
3. "How Two Newspapers Wound Up Staging The Same Sob Story…" (Barry Petchesky//Deadspin)
Remember that Ray Lewis story we recommended a couple weeks ago? Here's why it wasn't unique.
4. "The great Omaha manhole fireball photo mystery" (Matthew Hansen//Omaha World-Herald)
In search of a viral photo that no one is sure is real.
5. "Theater of Pain" (Tom Junod//Esquire)
In the NFL, the pressure to play overrides the pain. And that's making "the injury issue" worse.
Keep scrolling over here.