• Two longtime Spokane County Jail
physicians left the adult medical unit
after a for-profit health care provider took over.
• A retired SPD sergeant doesn't like what he's seeing with the new promotions
among the department's top brass. "Political cronyism at its worst
," he says.
• Pokémon GO
IN OTHER NEWS:
• Spokane County Prosecutor Larry Haskell announced
that his office is cracking down on drunk drivers
— implementing a new DUI policy for the first time in 20 years. (Spokesman-Review
• An Airway Heights prison guard was arrested
by Cheney police for allegedly robbing a Dollar Tree
last week. Officers noted similarities between the July 9 robbery and another robbery that happened at the same store in May 2015. (KXLY
• The U.S. Senate passed a bill
to fight the growing opioid and heroin epidemic
. The bill will now make its way to President Obama's desk, who is expected to sign it.
• U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
apologized for her critical comments
about Donald Trump. RGB called Trump a "faker" and said she couldn't (and didn't want) to imagine a world in which Trump was president. She's since said those comments were "ill-advised."
• Three candidates
for Spokane County Commission