• Here's how Spokane Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich would handle the situation in Berns, Oregon.
• Check out our guide to the presidential candidates, and who some local wonks are leading toward.
• Not a "country" music fan? Check out local act Silver Treason at nYne this Friday.
IN OTHER NEWS:
• The Kid takes his place in the Hall Ken Griffey Jr. takes his place among baseball's immortals in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, along with Mike Piazza. Junior set a new record with 99 percent of the vote (437 out of 440), and will have a White Sox cap on his plaque.
Just kidding! He'll being wearing a Mariners cap. The only question is which way it will face.
• Macy's out The largest retailer in downtown Spokane will close in March. (Spokesman-Review)
• Inslee's on gun violence Gov. Jay Inslee issued an executive order outlining how he plans to change gun regulations in the state. Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich is not entirely impressed. (KXLY)
• The Texas state trooper who arrested Sandra Bland, the woman later found hanged in her jail cell, has been indicted on perjury charges, according to prosecutors. The trooper could face up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine, and it looks like he'll be fired.
Mitch covers cops, crime and courts for the Inlander. He moved to Spokane in 2015 from his hometown of St. Louis, and is a graduate of the University of Missouri. He likes bikes, beer and baseball. And coffee. He dislikes lemon candy, close-mindedness and liars. And temperatures below 40 degrees.