• First-of-its-kind carbon tax before Washington lawmakers
A group calling itself Carbon Washington has collected more than 350,000 signatures for a ballot initiative that would place a tax on carbon emissions. The legislature has until March 10 to enact it into law, modify or automatically pass it along to voters in the November election.
• Idaho lawmakers consider bill to allow Bible in schools
An Idaho legislative panel considered a measure that would codify when the Bible can be referenced in public schools. The bill's sponsor says the text has nonreligious uses. Opponents worry it opens to door to creationism being taught in schools. Others say the bill isn't needed.
• Suicide bombing kills 27 in Iraq
A suicide bomber detonated his vest at a funeral for a Shi'ite militia commander.
• Trump and Clinton have commanding leads day before super Tuesday primaries A CNN/ORC poll has found that Trump has 49 percent of Republican support. Hillary Clinton leads her Democratic rival Bernie Sanders 55 percent to 38 percent.
• Hollywood's biggest night was last night
The Oscars were last night. Here are the results. The event was hosted by comedian Chris Rock, who wasted no time in addressing the elephant in the room.
This post has been updated to more accurately reflect criticisms of how the Riverfront Park project is playing out.