Now he knows why you cry. And with that, the Marco Rubio model, obsolete with the rise of the shapeshifting Trump-1000, stoically descends into the molten steel.
Deal of the Art
• My recap of Monday's city council meeting that was, on one hand, artsy
, but on the other hand, fartsy.
First, Fund All the Lawyers
• No, the ACLU won't be satisfied with Idaho's plan to reform Idaho's underfunded defense attorney system. But mostly this story is an excuse to repost our badass cover art of Lady Justice wielding a bitchin' sword
• Rooting for the full recovery of Pastor Tim Remington
, the Ted Cruz-endorser who was allegedly shot by Kyle Odom? Don't just sit there and root for him: Donate money to help him out.
One Man's Trash is Another Man's NEA-Grant-Winning Installation
• We check back in on the woman who'll help you make sweet art
out of old, donated materials.
• The liberal State Supreme Court seems pretty darn skeptical
of Tim Eyman's initiative to require the legislature to pass a constitutional amendment or face a sales tax increase. Like, does it count as "logrolling
?" And what does "logrolling" mean? (Spokesman-Review)
Shelter in a Storm
The Spokane Police Department's Domestic Violence unit seems to be getting results
If you can't trust a ticket scalper, who can you trust?
• Why you might want to double-check the spelling before you buy an NCAA ticket on Craigslist
A Choice Not Without Merrick
Obama offers a choice to Republicans
. Do you want to pick Judge Merrick Garland as Justice Antonin Scalia's replacement now? Or do you want to pick Judge Merrick Garland as Justice Antonin Scalia's replacement after Donald Trump loses to Hillary Clinton in a landslide in November?
Nice Country You've Got There...
• If Trump doesn't get the Republican nomination, Trump warns, there could be riots
. No, that's not to say that he would want
such a thing, oh no. He's a proud patriot like you or I, who wouldn't want such a destructive thing to befall such a country, a country that just missed out on being made great again. He's just saying that if he lost the nomination, who knows
how his loyal fans might take it? They're quite passionate people, you see. And, try as he might, he could do nothing to stop them from expressing such... enthusiasm, should he lose the nomination. Really, it would just be best for everyone if the GOP could hand him the nomination. No funny business. Slowwwwwlllly. That's it.
• By losing his home state by blowout margins, Rubio's campaign has come to a close
. He brought a young, optimistic, "Morning in America" face to the Republican party. But the party wasn't looking for someone to say it's Morning in America. It was looking for someone to say "the night is dark,
and full of terrorists."