• NEWS: Gov. Jay Inslee probably has this one in the bag. But how effective has he been, really?
• FASHION: What exactly is Spokane Style? Culture writers Laura Johnson and Chey Scott dig into what sets Spokane apart, and introduce you to some regional trends and designers in this week's Fashion Issue.
• MUSIC: A local man'srecovery from a brain tumor with the help of rock 'n' roll by way of Toto and The Beatles.
IN OTHER NEWS:
• Donald Trump said during the second presidential debate that he had never touched or kissed women without their permission. They were "just words, folks." Now, two women are calling bullshit. (New York Times)
• Bob Dylan wins the Nobel Prize in literature, not for a novel, but for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition." Dylan is the first American to win the Nobel Prize in literature since Toni Morrison. (Rolling Stone)
• Wells Fargo CEO and chairman John Stumpf resigned yesterday after reports that employees created fake accounts for customers without their permission and charged them fees. (Los Angeles Times)
Mitch covers cops, crime and courts for the Inlander. He moved to Spokane in 2015 from his hometown of St. Louis, and is a graduate of the University of Missouri. He likes bikes, beer and baseball. And coffee. He dislikes lemon candy, close-mindedness and liars. And temperatures below 40 degrees.