The interwebs are exploding today with excitement and glee for tonight's debate of Republican presidential hopefuls. The plot lines are predictable. ... What will Trump do? Can Fiorina land any good jabs? Will any of the other guys step into the spotlight?
At 3 pm today, there's a debate of Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, George Pataki and Lindsey Graham. Then at 5 pm, the main event: The Donald, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, John Kasich and Carly Fiorina.
• ABC has 5 things to watch for... No. 1: Donald Trump and whether he can fight a war on 10 fronts.
• NBC has 7 things to watch for... No. 1: Can anyone reveal cracks in Trump's armor?
• MSNBC has 4 things to watch for... No. 1: Donald Trump, then everyone else.
• Here's a list of 12 reasons why watching might actually be a lot of fun. For example: Rand Paul's eye rolls, and Chris Christie's Dad Dance.
• Finally, the Chicago Tribune has also suggestions on what to drink while you watch... Fiorina? "That one's easy: Gin and tonic, with plenty of bitters."
Jacob H. Fries is the editor of the Inlander. In that position, he oversees editorial coverage of the paper and occasionally contributes his own writing. Before joining the paper, he wrote for numerous publications, including the Tampa Bay Times, the Boston Globe and the New York Times. He grew up in Spokane Valley...